Join us to discover Saint Remy through a different angle... Food tasting and History!!!
Follow me in the hidden corners of Saint Remy and discover our fantastic local products!
I will take you to on a tasting journey with the stories behind and fun...
- Understand how our Chocolatier is working and sample some of his 32 chocolates (Caramel & salted butter, Lavender, Rose, Seshuan pepper, Rosemary... you decide which you want),
- Learn about the history of our "Pâtisserie" and cookies. Taste the 14th C "Little Albert heart" a simple "biscuit" with saffron or try the "Ginger heart" (17th C recipe from Russia),
- Know how to choose your Calisson and I'll tell you where the name comes from,
- What is the Nougat ?,
- Learn all about "Fruits confits" (candied fruits) with our local producer whose company was founded in 1866,
- Sip a bit of 5 different Olive oils from our local mill producing AOC oil Les Baux de Provence,
- Bring back some of our wonderful local jams (some with Olive) or tapenade and spreads (tomatoes, artichoke, eggplant...),
- Our tour will end up in the vaulted cellar at Monique's fabulous cheese shop over a glass of local red wine and the discovery of some of our famous French stinky cheeses....
And of course a bit of Saint Rémy history....
Tours every Tuesday morning
Other day on request
9.30 to 12ish
75 € per person incl all tasting.
FULL DAY TOUR ALSO AVAILABLE
|Home made jams
|Sampling the "Désiré"
|Calissons and Nougat
|Rosemary Chocolate for tasting
|Fruits confits of Saint Remy
|Olive oil tasting
|Olivades (tapenades with no anchovy) and more
|Cheese journey !