Situated on top of a hill with outstanding view over the Alpilles in a secluded and unreal spot, this is one of my favorite address.
Friendly chef Christian Peyre just received his title of Maître Restaurateur and shared his happyyness with us this Thursday.
The Maître restaurateur title is a rather long process created only a few years ago (first certificate delivered in 2008). When one see the title posted on a restaurant door, the customer knows that :
- The chef is a proper chef with experience and dishes are all cooked on the premises (no prepared dishes from the can!)
- The Chef makes sure that local produces are used whenever possible
- Ingredients used are freshed and not tined
- A suitable choice is offered to the client
- Customers are treated nicely and politely
- The setting are decor are looked after
- All hygiene regulations are complied with
And much more.
What I prefer in the Domaine de Bournissac, apart from the location!!!! is the friendly staff and the wonderful cuisine at a good value for money. The Sunday's lobster menu at 40€ is a must.
Lunch starts at 33€ and diner at 47€.
Considering the Restaurant has had a One Michelin star for years, it is a bargain.
I strongly recommend the terrasse with its breathtaking view and, when Mistral shows up (that can happen anytime), you'll still be able to eat outside in the lovely patio.
The decor is traditional Provencal and well looked after.
The shop gives you an opportunity to bring back home some "foodies souvenir" of the chef's cuisine.
Rooms are probably the quietest in the region and are all spacious, well appointed and charming.
Not much more to say, is it ?
Domaine de Bournissac
13550 Paluds de Noves
Tel +33 (0)4 90 90 25 25