Thursday, February 28, 2013

Wednesday Morning market in Saint Remy de Provence

I read, yesterday, a post on a blog about the St Remy market. The article started with mention of the Tarascon market on Tuesday and then about the market in St Remy.... with a real bad review.
Basically saying that local were loathing our market and it was a rip off....

So as I did my market yesterday, like us local DO !!! I decided to take picture in order to show you that even in February, when hardly any tourists are around, the market is still busy.
Most of the stalls are there, even the brocante one.

my shopping basket :
1 kg of Coeur de boeuf tomatoes, 2kg of fresh carotts (with the green), 4 leeks, 4 lemons, 1 kg of fresh green peas, 1 celery, 1 bette, onions, 1 red pepper, 6 bananas
a dozen of fresh eggs (from the runing chicken and not the "battery one")
2 veal scallop, 2 chop of lamb, 2 sausage for my soup
The all lot for 35€

Saint remy market on February 27th, 2013


Below a picture taken from room 33 at hotel Gounod





No comments:

Post a Comment